Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Its a Love Story baby just say....YES!

Andrew and I are officially engaged! It is a pretty funny engagement story...
On Friday...November 14th after we got off work Andrew took me to tempe town lake to ride on the paddle boats. we have been talking about doing this for years(literally) since Junior year when we went to go ride them for a day activity for winter formal but were not old enough! Anyways, so we went and got on the paddle boats about 6:00 it was sunset and it was gorgeous!! We rode around for a little while and just talked. Then we just kinda stopped and looked at the sunset. While we were sitting there I was TOTALLY JOKING...(I am always messing with Andrew and teasing him about asking me to marry him) So I got down on one knee and told him I was going to ask him to marry me! (Little did I know he was about to do the same!) He was not very impressed with my proposal...So we just talked a bit more and then he got down on one knee..I told him that it wasn't funny to joke about asking me to marry him and i kept telling him to get back up on the seat. He finally said " No I'm serious... You are the most amazing person I know..I love you with all my heart and want to spend the rest of my life with you..DeeDee will you marry me?" I looked at him and looked down and he was holding a ring!!! I didn't even see him get it out of his pocket because I thought he was joking!! I said... Loud enough for the guys at the dock to hear " ARE YOU SERIOUS!!??" Then kissed him a lot and I finally said yes! I could NOT believe it. I was completely shocked! It was so romantic and sweet though! After I stopped crying and calmed down a bit he said..."There was only one little glitch in the plan...Do you see the far mill avenue bridge?" There is a huge banner hanging across it that says " DeeDee will you marry me?" (When we first got on the boat the guys told us that we were not allowed to go past the bridge) Andrew being such a rule follower... would not go past the bridge!! It was great though and I could not have asked for more! I am so excited to marry Andrew! He is the most patient thoughtful person I have ever met. He is always so kind to everyone he meets. He is constantly making sure I am ok and asking if he can do anything for me. I know he will be an amazing husband and father someday :-) We are not positive on a date yet but are thinking mid April! Here are some pics from the night he asked me!




3 comments:

Mallory said...

such a cute story!!!! we are so excited for you guys!!

Debbie & Don said...

Yea! I'll help. Congratulations!!
Aunt Debbie

Kim & Max Willis family said...

oh my goodness! sorry for the crazy night at my house!! ha ha I am still laughing at how funny it was to her my home teachers trying to teach a serious lesson to max, our kids,& our neighbors kids!! ha ha !!! lets plan a girls night out w/ Erica and I! We might go see twilight Sat. around 4ish!! come with us!!! it would be fun!!I will call you when we have a definite plan!!