I have been meaning to update for weeks it seems! We have had the opportunity to do so many fun and exciting things in the last couple of weeks! For conference weekend we had the opportunity to fly to Salt Lake City, Utah. Andrew had a mission reunion scheduled that weekend. This would be the first mission reunion for him and his mission president. His mission president just got released in July of this year. We also got tickets for conference! Neither of us had been and Andrew had never even been to temple square! We were lucky enough that my cousin Mallory and her husband Jon let us stay with them! We had so much fun with them and were so glad they were kind enough to let us stay there! Here are some fun pictures from our trip!
Us sooo ready to leave Phoenix and fly away!

Andrew driving our awesome rental car! Which was supposed the be the cheapest smallest car around but they were out of everything due to "all the mormons congregating in Utah for conference" according to our rental guy!so they upgraded us to a 2008 Explorer! On Friday when we got there we drove straight to Provo. Were were amazed at all of the temples and churches we could see from the freeway! It was so odd to us but cool! That night we went to Andrews mission reunion... which was fun to meet all the people he had talked about in letters.

Saturday morning we got up and Mal made us yummy breakfast which was way to nice!Then we drove into Salt Lake. This is a picture in the crazy old parking garage we ended up parking in... It doesn't really do it justice but I seriously felt like our car was about 2 INCHES from the ceiling!!

Then when we got in the elevator to get to the street we found out they keep the Monks in the basement! we got a good laugh out of it!
We spent pretty much the whole day in Salt Lake doing the touristy type stuff! We went all around temple square and visited the sites. As you can see the weather was AMAZING!! It rained all day which would usually upset me on a vacation but it was soo nice to wear a jacket!
I was so excited when I found out that Salt Lake has a lightrail! We had so much fun riding it around! I am even more excited Phoenix is getting one! It just makes so much sense!
Andrew and the umbrella that pretty much saved us from getting soaked! We didn't really even get wet at all and it was pouring!
This is me being a huge nerd. I was so excited when we found some good quality caffeine! Andrew was not very amused with how excited I was...
This was probably one of my favorite parts of the whole trip. We went to the Joseph Smith Memorial building. You can just go to whatever floor you want... We decided to explore and wound up on the 10th floor. There was NO ONE there when we got out of the elevator.. so we started walking and found this completely empty room with an awesome view of the temple and temple square!
I stole these pictures from mal! We had so much fun that night hanging out at their house eating pizza, playing with baby Hanna and playing wii!!Thanks again Mal and Jon! I was only good at the fishing game on wii!! It was pretty funny cause I am horrible at every other game but I wasted Andrew in that game!!


On Sunday morning we went to conference. It was so surreal to actually be there instead of watching it on tv! It was really a neat experience to be there!
On monday before we had to be at the airport we went back down to Salt Lake to see a few things we had missed and it was a beautiful sunny day! 

We found Taffy Town!! We both LOVE salt water taffy and taffy town has THE BEST flavors of taffy including my favorite Root beer!!
Then sadly we flew home. We were both sad to leave and come back to the real world... but it was pretty nice to be home. Apparently right after this picture was taken as I put my purse on the floor the camera must have fallen out. I never heard or felt it fall. When we got home from the airport and went to show our pictures we could not find the camera ANYWHERE!! I was pretty much just panicked... while Andrew was calm as always and called the airport to see if anyone had turned it in... which they hadn't... but found out that the flight we took from Salt lake was a continuing flight to San Diego and then Oakland.. So he then called the San Diego airport but the flight had already landed and nothing had been turned in. So he called the Oakland airport.. and the flight would be arriving in about 20 min. So they took his name and number and said they would call him... I thought for sure it would be long gone by then. But the phone rang and it was them and they had the camera and it was still sitting under our seat!! I couldn't believe it!! I was so excited! This has been a very long post and we still have more exciting things but I will spare you until another day!















2 comments:
Wow Thats neat you and Andrew went to Conference. I am glad to hear your guys loved utah! Thats also good that your camera was turned in!
Yay! i love your post! i so glad you guys had a fun time! you are welcome to stay any time!
and you need to update more! :)
Post a Comment